Prabowo Subianto’s group of lawyers have demanded that the constitutional court disqualify the winning candidates, incumbent Joko Widodo and Ma’ruf Amin, from the 2019 presidential elections.
The lawyers have also urged the court to declare Prabowo and Sandiaga Uno the winning candidates of the election.
Should the court refuse to declare victory for Prabowo and Sandiaga, the legal team demands an election re-run in at least twelve states, those in which Joko Widodo won by a substantial margin. The demands were made by the lawyers as part of their 15 proposals to the court.
The first part of the election dispute trial was made open to the public on Friday, 14th June. The General Election Commission, or KPU, declared the official results of the 2019 presidential election on 21st May.
Despite losing to Joko Widodo in a 55%-45% margin, Prabowo’s supporters have refused to admit defeat. Many of his supporters violently demonstrated and vandalised the Election Supervisory Agency (Bawaslu) building. Nine died and thousands were injured during the two-day protests.
According to the National Human Rights Commission (Komnas HAM), the bullet found in the bodies’ of victims were different than the ones used by the Indonesian police and military officers. About 400 rioters were arrested by the police, including 13 main suspects involved in the rioting, as well as plotters involved in assassination plans of five-high profile figures.
On Friday, Prabowo’s legal team delivered at least 15 demands at the Constitutional Court:
1. Approve all of the demands set out by the team.
2. Declare the KPU’s presidential election result to be invalid.
3. Declare that the correct vote counts were 63,573,169 (48 percent) for Jokowi-Ma’ruf, and 68,650,239 (52 percent) for Prabowo-Sandiaga.
4. Declare that Jokowi and Ma’ruf committed election offenses in a structured, systematic, and massive fraud.
5. Disqualify Jokowi-Ma’ruf from the 2019 presidential election.
6. Declare Prabowo and Sandiaga as the elected president and vice president for 2019-2024.
7. Order the KPU to issue a decision establishing Prabowo and Sandiaga to be the elected president and vice president.
8. Declare that Jokowi and Ma’ruf have committed electoral offenses and fraud in the 2019 presidential election by inflating and stealing votes in a structured, systematic, and massive manner.
9. Decide that Prabowo and Sandiaga are the elected president and vice president for 2019-24.
10. Order the KPU to issue a decision immediately establishing Prabowo and Sandiaga as the elected president and vice president for 2019-24, or
11. Order the KPU to conduct a fair re-run of the election in all regions, or
12. Order the KPU to conduct fair re-run elections in several provinces in Indonesia, including West Java, Central Java, East Java, Banten, Jakarta, North Sumatra, South Sumatra, Lampung, South Sulawesi, Central Sulawesi, Papua, and Central Kalimantan.
13. Order the appropriate state bodies to dismiss all KPU commissioners and recruit replacements.
14. Order what would be the new KPU commissioners to determine a new permanent voters’ list.
15. Order what would be the new KPU to evaluate its vote counting system.
Source: The Jakarta Globe