Indonesia Expat
Featured News

Australian Expat in Bali Dies While Cleaning Pool

60-year-old Anthony Gallagher (pictured) from Liverpool, New South Wales, was killed at his rented property in Jimbaran, Bali after he was electrocuted while cleaning his swimming pool last week, February 14.

Witnesses told authorities that Mr. Gallagher was barefoot and it was lightly raining when he plugged in a floor cleaning machine and was immediately electrocuted.

South Kuta Police Chief Insp. HA Mu Nurul Yaqin said, “The victim shouted and immediately collapsed. He bounced back and fell to the edge of the pool.”

The screams were heard by Hadi Purnomo, a member of Mr. Gallagher’s staff. Hadi cut the electricity and brought him into the house to lie on the sofa but he had already died.

“The Australian has died after being electrocuted when he was cleaning the pool. We did not find any crime in the case. It is purely an accident,” South Kuta Police Chief I Nengah Patrem confirmed.

Mr. Gallagher’s body was taken to Sanglah hospital morgue.

Source: Dailymail

Photos courtesy of

Signup for our Newsletter

Related posts

Meet Dr. Titus Leber

Gabriella Panjaitan

Terror Threat No Match For Bali-Bound Holiday Makers

Erin Cook

Is Jakarta’s Great Sea Wall Just a Pipe Dream?

Maximilian Surjadi