Indonesia Expat is looking to place a highly motivated English language editor to lead the publication’s editorial department as the Editor-in-Chief.
The ideal candidate will have had a minimum of three years’ experience as a managing editor of an English language publication, with the ability to edit, write, research, and manage a team of approximately 15-20 active freelance journalists. The candidate will have a finger on the nation’s heartbeat and will be able to come up with interesting and engaging editorial angles for content.
The candidate will always meet print and online deadlines, working with an in-house editor to ensure all submissions have been fact-checked and edited on a timely and professional manner, and manage each fortnightly deadline so that no print deadline is missed or late. The candidate will be required to conduct interviews with interesting expats and write at least one article per fortnight, while at the same time editing all content that is published by the magazine.
In addition to tasks related to editorial matters, the candidate will also be required to attend events and represent the magazine accordingly. Having photography skills will be beneficial.
The candidate must possess:
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (native) with very good communications skills
- Very good Bahasa communications skills
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to plan content and magazine issues in advance
- The ability to communicate well with writers and ensure content is submitted on time
- The ability to work with a sales and design team to ensure content is submitted and finished on time
- An understanding of social media
- The ability to use WordPress
- Very good organization skills
- Have professional experience using Adobe InDesign software
- At least three years’ experience as an English language editor for a print publication
- The ability to work from home several days a week
- A can-do attitude
- A friendly disposition
The position is open to expatriates or Indonesians who have been educated abroad. If an expat is hired, a working KITAS will be provided.
If you believe this is the job for you, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach two previously published articles, including their original, unedited versions.
Due to the high demand of applicants, only candidates who will reach interview stage will be contacted. Good luck!